Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Marilyn Manson

Eat Me, Drink Me
Interscope Records, 2007

I have one question. What the hell did I just listen too? As you can tell I am not impressed by the new Marilyn Manson album. There is no sense in highlighting any specific tracts since they all sound the same. The melodies remind me of early Cure songs. Leading me to remind Mr. Manson that he is not Robert Smith. There is no substance to any song lyrically. You are left with every song mostly repeat the chorus over and over at nauseum. Long gone is the rebellious cries of the anit-religious, riot inciting, Antichrist Super Star. We are now left with a man looking forty in the mirror who has created an album about his broken marriage and infidelities that led to it. I hope this only a lull in Manson's musical career. I pray that he will re-evaluate his work and produce a better product next time around.

- Kitten

No comments: